Now in its 24th year, Ucer Education’s Manchester Dental Implant Certificate Course (formerly ‘A Multi-System Implantology Certificate Course’) teaches clinicians how to incorporate implant treatment into their practices safely and with confidence using the most documented and proven implant systems. The Ucer Education team has accumulated years of teaching and research experience as well as gaining a European reputation for developing the framework for clinical teaching dental implantology and training the trainers in this field.
The course is exclusively designed to provide clinicians with the theoretical and practical skills required to perform dental implants to the highest standard, either from a surgical and restorative or just a restorative perspective, ready for them to move on to clinical training, if desired.
Who is this course for?
As an academic course followed by mentored clinical training on patients provided by our postgraduate institute, it is especially suitable for GDPs looking to gain the skills necessary to move forward into implant dentistry. The course is also an invaluable opportunity for more experienced GDPs who may be looking to establish a private dental practice or to develop a substantial implant referral practice in the future.
Why this course?
- An academic course followed by mentored clinical training on patients provided by our postgraduate institute
- Attain a core knowledge base in implant dentistry with reference to the Straumann® Dental Implant System, taught by a team of experts with an international reputation in implant dentistry
- Develop core clinical skills in restorative and surgical implant dentistry under the supervision of Prof. Cemal Ucer
- Develop skills in using the full digital workflow from interpreting CBCT scans to using intra-oral scanners, coDiagnostiX™ 3D planning, Navident real-time navigation surgery, fully guided surgery and 3D printing
- Receive clinical training in one of the most advanced postgraduate implant training hospitals in Europe with futuristic facilities to lead you into the emerging digital era
- Begin to develop your lifelong clinical portfolio under supervision of trained mentors
- Prepare for, under our guidance, and sit the highly sought after qualification of PG Dip in Implant Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Learn from the team that has been setting the standards in the provision and teaching of implant dentistry in the UK for more than two decades, with more than 15,000 implants placed/restored
- Benefit from the state-of-the-art clinical facilities of the ICE Mentee School and treat patients provided by the ICE Centre
- Implant treatment will be demonstrated extensively by Prof. Cemal Ucer including single, partial and multiple implants, immediate implants, immediate loading, GBR, Bone Grafting, Bar/overdentures, vestibuloplasty etc.
- Learn how to promote implant therapy, prepare acceptable treatment plans and how to communicate these with patients and colleagues
The course is led by Prof. Cemal Ucer BDS, MSc, PhD, Oral Surgeon, a highly-regarded authority on implant education and co-author of the GDC/FGDP training standards, alongside a faculty of highly trained and experienced professionals.
Course outline – a structured foundation
The 12-day course, run over 12 months, covers all aspects of implant dentistry and has been designed to fulfil the requirements of the GDC/FGDP Training Standards in Implant Dentistry (2016) that any dental practitioner carrying out implant dentistry in the UK should undertake before embarking upon patient care in this discipline.
Having trained over 7,000 dentists, Ucer Education understands the important role mentoring plays for those starting out in implant dentistry. Under expert supervision delegates undergo a series of lectures by renowned speakers, seminars, tutorials and hands-on practical sessions including a Clinical Day using the Straumann® Dental Implant System. Delegates also undertake literature reviews, learn the surgical and restorative principles of implant dentistry and perform live surgical procedures and restorative stages of treatment, all under the supervision of dedicated mentors.
Covering everything from basic surgical techniques, patient assessment, treatment planning, advanced hard and soft tissue techniques, bone grafting through to laboratory and technical procedures, our multi-technique teaching approach ensures a fully rounded learning opportunity. The curriculum fulfils all the learning objectives necessary to prepare a candidate looking to undertake further postgraduate education such as the Diploma in Implant Dentistry RCS Ed, MSc in Dental Implantology or MSc in Digital Dentistry. The course provides a revision day for those who intend to sit the PG Dip in Implant Dentistry examination at RCS Ed.
This course conforms to Association of Dental Education in Europe (ADEE) consensus guidelines produced by the ADEE 1st and 2nd Pan European workshops in undergraduate and postgraduate education in implant dentistry (2008, 2014) and the FGDP/GDC Training Standards in Implant Dentistry (TSID 2012 & 2016).
This course complies with GDC verifiable CPD requirements (for 60 hrs verifiable CPD in Total).
On completion of your training you will be able to:
- Develop clinical skills and experience by placing and restoring implants at our ICE Mentee School of Implant Dentistry in Salford Quays, in conjunction with experienced and trained local mentors who will be introduced from a wide network of regional mentors.
- Treat patients, provided by the Mentee School or your own patients (by prior arrangement).
- Develop skills in using ground-breaking new techniques which have been recently introduced such as the a-PRF autologous growth factors and simplified bone grafting including Botiss Bone Ring and allograft CBCT Bone Builder techniques. The revolutionary full CBCT and IOS based Digital Workflow and minimally invasive computer guided surgical implant placement including Navident navigation surgery, will be taught by experts at the ICE National Reference Centre for Digital Dentistry.
- Develop and enhance your clinical skills, complete your personal development and clinical portfolio in implant dentistry and prepare to sit the Pg.Dip in Implant Dentistry exam at RCS Ed.
- Using a proven and documented world leader implant system, you will learn core implant techniques and protocols including immediate implant treatment, single and multiple tooth reconstructions, guided bone regeneration and bone grafting, membrane fixation systems, augmentation materials, implant/bar retained overdenture treatment, soft and hard tissue grafting techniques, flap design and maintenance protocols.
- Encouraged and supported to take up further academic training in implantology by enrolling on a recognised PGDiploma/MSc programme or sit the examination for PG.Dip in Implant Dentistry of FRCS Ed. It gives us a particular pleasure to see that, in recent years, dozens of our course participants have gained higher degrees such as diploma/MSc’s in implant dentistry at recognised UK Universities. A preparatory induction day and a revision day will be available for those who wish to sit the RCSEd PgDip in Implant Dentistry examination.
- Eligible for the membership of International Team for Implantology (ITI) and British Institute of Reconstructive Dentistry (BIORD).
- Assessment of knowledge and competencies related to implant dentistry in undergraduate and postgraduate university education. Mattheos, Ucer et al (2009)
- European J of Dental Education and GDC Training Standards in Implant Dentistry (2008; 2012) Continuing professional development in implant dentistry in Europe. Ucer et al. Eur J Dent Educ 18 (Suppl. 1) (2014) 33-42
- Training Standards in Implant Dentistry, FGDP (2012, 2016)
Commences 22nd November
70 hours verifiable CPD
£550 per day
ICE Hospital, Manchester