A comprehensive education in implants.
At Ucer Education our aim is to teach clinicians to become confident and competent in all aspects of surgical and restorative implant dentistry, providing education and training at Certificate level alongside the Clinical Training required to feel confident in moving on to an MSc in Dental Implantology. Similarly, training and NEBDN qualifications in dental implant nursing are available to the dental nurses who wish to improve their careers by gaining a post-registration national qualification.
Since 1995 we have trained over 1,000 dentists. Our courses comprise a mix of lectures, practical classes and mentoring, taught by some of the best in their field, before students take final assessments. This multi-technique teaching approach ensures a fully rounded learning opportunity.
1 – Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in Implant Dentistry
- 1-year certificate course – academic component to fulfil FGDP & GDC guidelines TSID (2016)
- Hands-on practical sessions
- Introduction to clinics
- Academic assessment (treatment plan presentation)
2 – Clinical Training
- 10 months’ clinical training at Mentee School
- Clinical training under mentor supervision at ICE Hospital
- Clinical portfolio of several cases
- Typically 10+ cases
- Opportunity to extend training to include more cases
3 – Revision Day
- Preparation for PG Dip in ID FDS RCSEd
- Log book design, mock examinations and preparing for Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs)
4 – MSc in Implant Dentistry
- Part-time MSc in Implant Dentistry